What is Salesforce.com
Salesforce is the innovative cloud based company behind the world’s #1 CRM platform, founded by Marc Benioff in the year 1999. Being a Cloud-based company it does not require a team of Information Technology (IT) experts to set up or manage – you just log in and start using it.
All Salesforce products run entirely on the cloud i.e. internet so there’s no expensive setup costs, no maintenance and your employees can work from any device and location with an internet connection like smartphone, tablet, laptop or even from your old desktop too.
It provides software as a service(SaaS) application for managing Sales Teams and Call Centers in any organization.
It also provides force.com platform for develop Applications which will entirely run on cloud i.e. Salesforce.com
Benefits of Salesforce
- It is based on the cloud platform, so you don’t need any local server in order to run it.
- Provide in-house security of data, with two way authentication and ip range restrictions.
- Follows multi-tenant architecture to optimize system usage.
- Provides a lot of in-house tools for marketing (marketing cloud), data analysis (Einstein), sales (sales cloud) and customer service (service cloud).
- Allows the integration of third party apps easily in the salesforce system.
Salesforce as Saas & Paas
- Salesforce as SaaS (Software as a Service) : No installations, setup or download required. Just Log in and use inbuilt functionalities like Sales Cloud, Service Cloud.
- Salesforce as PaaS (Platform as a service): In Salesforce no separate platform is required. Using Force.com Platform we can create and deploy custom functionalities using Apex/Visualforce without any issues in case customer’s requirement is not getting fulfilled using out of the box features.