Introduction to Many to Many relationship in Salesforce
Using Junction Object we can achieve many to many relationship in Salesforce.
What is Junction Object: A child Custom Object having two parent Object only of a master detail relationship known as Junction Object.
Considerations for Many to Many Relationship:
- Standard objects cannot be at the detail side of a custom object in a master-detail relationship.
- An object can only appear once in multilevel master-detail relationships. For example, an object which is part of one multilevel master-detail relationship can’t also be the owner of the master object in another multilevel master-detail relationship.
- You cannot create a master-detail relationship in which the User or Lead objects are at the master side of relationship.
- As per best practice, we should not have more than 10,000 child records for a master-detail relationship.
- A junction object can’t be master in another master-detail relationship.