Python Development Environment
Python shell is a quick response IDLE you can make or test the program without creating the documents file ,you can also use Windows Command Shell to use Python Shell.
Python IDE(Integrated Development Environment):
There are some third party applications(interpreter) in which we can use Python.
Popular Python IDEs are:-
- IDLE(Python Default IDE)
- Eclipse with PyDev
- Visual Studio
Python Default IDE: IDLE
IDLE stands for Integrated Development Learning Environment. When we installed Python, IDLE was also installed by default. IDLE assumes that files with a known .py* extension contains Python code and that other files do not.
Features of IDLE:
- IDLE provides support for Windows/Linux/Mac OS X/All Tk Platforms
- Python shell windows consist of a colorful way to express the error keyword name
- You can also use Windows command line and Notepad instead of Python Shell.
However, IDLE is not for optimum for larger projects.
- Press the start button and type IDLE.
- After clicking, on the IDLE the shell will be open.
- Now open the editor click on File Menu and select the New File section or you can also press ctrl+n to open editor.
- After opening of new document then text editor of Python will be open now you can write the code
- To run the python code press F5 or go to the Run menu and select run module.
- Finally your output will be shown at Python Shell.