Interview Questions For Docker
1. What is Docker?
Docker is a set of platform as a service product that uses OS-level virtualization and it binds or we can say combines all the necessary packages required for the application to run in the form of an image and runs the container with the help of that image.
2. What is Docker Container?
A container may be a normal unit of computer code that packages up code and everyone its dependencies that the application runs quickly and faithfully from one computing setting to a different. A docker image may be a light-weight, standalone, feasible package of computer code that has everything required to run associate application: code, runtime, system tools, system libraries and settings.
3. What is Dockerfile?
A Dockerfile is a text document that consists of commands with the help of which you create your own custom image.
4. What is Docker-Compose?
Docker Compose is used to run one or more containers as a single service.
5. Any 5 Docker Commands?
- sudo docker ps
- sudo docker images
- sudo docker run -it -d <image-name>
- sudo docker rmi <image-id>
- sudo docker kill <container-id>
6. How will you enter a docker container?
We can enter the docker container by executing sudo docker exec -it <container-id> /bin/bash.
7. How will you enter a stopped docker container?
No we cannot enter a stopped container.
8. What are the benefits of Docker?
- Compatibility and Maintainability.
- Rapid Deployment.
- Continuous deployment and testing environment.
- It uses less memory.
- Simplicity and Faster Configurations.
9. What is Docker Host ip?
The docker host ip is 172.17.0.1