What is Helm?
Helm is a package manager for kubernetes that runs on the top of kubernetes. All of our deployments, services can be created by helm through charts. Later on we can create tar of those charts and can be deployed on any of the kubernetes cluster, but for running or deploying through helm the kubernetes cluster must be up in running state successfully and all the master and worker nodes should be in ready state.
Features of Helm
Helm can be useful in various scenarios:
- Find and use fashionable software package prepacked as Kubernetes charts
- Share your own applications as Kubernetes charts
- Create reproducible builds of your Kubernetes applications
- Intelligently manage your Kubernetes object definitions
- Manage releases of Helm packages