Docker Installation in Ubuntu:
1. Update the repository by using below command
sudo apt update
2. Update the repository by using below command
sudo apt install docker.io -y
To check whether Docker is installed or not just simply write docker on your terminal
Installation in Windows
Follow the below steps to install docker on windows
- Click on the below link to download DockerToolbox.exe. https://download.docker.com/win/stable/DockerToolbox.exe
- Once the DockerToolbox.exe file is downloaded, double click on that file. The following window appears on the screen, in which click on the Next.
- Browse the location where you want to install the Docker Toolbox and click on the Next.
- Select the components according to your requirement and click on the Next.
- Select Additional Tasks and then click on the Next.
- The Docker Toolbox is ready to install. Click on Install.
- Once the installation is completed, the following Wizard appears on the screen, in which click on the Finish.
- After the successful installation, three icons will appear on the screen that are: Docker Quick start Terminal , Kitematic (Alpha), and OracleVM VirtualBox. Double click on the Docker Quick start Terminal .
- A Docker Quick start Terminal window appears on the screen.
To verify that the docker is successfully installed, type the below command and press enter key.
docker run hello-world
The following output will be displayed on the screen, otherwise not.
Docker version can be checked with following command.